[nsp] C8515-MSRP the same as C8510-SRP w/FC-PFQ

Brian signal@shreve.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:57:33 -0600

I have a situation regarding the way Cisco puts together some of there part
numbers.  I have a C8515-MSRP, but its silkscreened as "C8510-SRP Switch
Route Processor" and has a FC-PFQ card attached to it.  This is no doubt
because all a C8515-MSRP really is, is a SRP, with a FC-PFQ added on to it.

This causes confusion for some customers, because they see that the card says
one thing, but they ordered another.  Does anyone know of a technical
confirmation where I can point them at that explains this?

The LS1010-ASP-C-FCPFQ's are the same way, not all are silkscreened as
"L1010-ASP-C-FCPFQ", some say "Switch-Processor/C" and then have a FC-PFQ
card on them.

And to make things more confusing, if you run the serial numbers, you get the
individule parts.  So the ASP module comes back as a ASP module, and the
FC-PFQ card comes back as a FC-PFQ card.  Since really the part, is a
combination of parts, rather than an all together new part.

Were any C8515-MSRP's silkscreened as "C8515-MSRP", or do most say "C8510-SRP"
and then have the FC-PFQ daugthercard.  This was from a New In Box chassis.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036	   e: signal@shreve.net
Network Engineer	   p: 318.222.2638x109
ShreveNet Inc.		   f: 318.221.6612