[nsp] ios version & as5350

Jason Houx coldiso@houx.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:16:42 -0500 (EST)

Funny this came across the list.  We have many AS5400 and AS5350 in our
network.  We were running 12.2(2)XA5 till we started to notice alignment
errors and we where having some problems with VoIP mostly some VXML stuff.
We moved to the 12.2(2)XB7 train starting at 7 and working our way to 8.
Problem with the XB train is when users dial in say slip or manual they
get either an address 255.255.255.254 or 0.0.0.0 and then finally a
address that won't route even though it is in the pool.  If they dial in
say automagic (PAP in this case) everything is lovely.  We have tried
Experimental version in the 12.2(12-12)T and 12.2(12-14)T1 and have
software forced crashes daily.  Anyone else have any suggested IOS for the
AS5350s and AS5400s?  We currently have a ticket open with TAC to resolve
our issues.  I will certainly post a follow-up if we find a IOS that does
all the features we need nicely.

/~\ The ASCII        | Jason Houx, CCNA  <coldiso@houx.org>
\ / Ribbon Campaign  | Com.net Inc.
 X  Against HTML     | Network Operations
/ \ Email!           |