[nsp] BGP community issue or provider issue?

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:21:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Arie Vayner wrote:

> You are right, there is no need in a match line. Ignoring it just executes
> the set commands on everything.
> What you are doing is perfectly correct, assuming the community has any
> meaning to the provider.
>
> What does the filter list filter? Maybe this is the problem?

The filter list is just a small as-path access-list that only allows
routes with certain as-paths (i.e. no path, or a few ^_(customer-as_)+$)
to be advertised to the transit providers.

The same filter list is applied to the uunet session, and doesn't cause
any problems with communities on that one.

I guess it's time to post to nanog looking for a Sprint routing engineer
with clue.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something first.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |