[nsp] Route-Reflector question

MPuras@solunet.com MPuras@solunet.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:19:53 -0400

ok to start off, You are not required to have R1 nd R2 be in a full IBGP
mesh (although very helpfull when you get to scaling the network).  If you
are going to IBGP mesh, then do every router involved and save you some
headaches.  Your configurations look good for the most part.  The only thing
that I would question is the next-hop-self policies on ALL the routers.
Typically, unless you are doing EBGP peering on these routers, then it is
not recommended that you do this.  It is not recommended that your RR is
also doing EBGP peering but as previously mentioned on another posting,
there is nothing stoping you from doing this.  Just be aware that you can
run into router loops if not carefull.

In short, anyh time that you have a RR router, you will need to have
"neighbor x.x.x.x route-reflector-client" pointing to the client.  On the
client you are just doing regular IBGP so nothing different that the usual.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mario Puras
SoluNet Technical Support
Mailto: mpuras@solunet.com
Direct: (321) 309-1410
888.449.5766 (USA) / 888.SOLUNET (Canada)