[nsp] 12.2.14S issues

HyunSeog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Thu Apr 3 12:02:44 EST 2003

I guess you can try this.

On the Cisco 7200 and 7500 series:

configure terminal
scheduler allocate 3000 1000
^Z

The scheduler allocate command guarantees CPU time for low priority processes by
putting a maximum time allocated to fast-switching (3000 microseconds - usec)
and process-switching (1000 usec) per network interrupt context.

If you still have a problem with CLI, you might try to use console port instead
of telnet port.
If you don't see the problem from console, and still see the problem from
telnet,
you might check network connection.

I believe there are some new command for telnet congestion.

service nagle

You can refer to RFC 896 for nagle congestion method for telnet.

I hope this might be helpful.

Hyun

Ezequiel Carson wrote:

> At this moment im having the same issue with the CLI in a 7206VXR NPE300
>
> Is there any solution for this?
>
> Thanks
> Ezequiel.
>
> On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 16:52, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:
> > I'm running this version now on a 7513 and a pair of 7206's and have run
> > into a couple of issues.
> >
> > 1) policy routing (setting the output interface based on an IP extended
> > access-list in a route-map) doesn't appear to work on the 7513.  Traffic
> > still goes out via whichever interface is appropriate based on the routing
> > table (this router has full BGP routes).  I'm trying to force packets from
> > 2 source addresses out via a particular transit provider.
> >
> > 2) on the 7206's, the CLI is unstable and seems to lock up when large
> > amounts of data are entered or displayed...especially if I try to paste a
> > line or several lines into the config (conf t).  When this happens, I have
> > to kill my telnet and reconnect to the router.  I'm seeing this on 2
> > 7206's (one's a VXR NPE300, one's a non-VXR NPE200) in two different POPs.
> >
> > Images I'm using are:
> > rsp-pv-mz.122-14.S.bin
> > c7200-p-mz.122-14.S.bin
> >
> > Has anyone else noticed these problems?

* This does not represent Norlight Telecommunications, and
does only represent my humble opinion.

Hyunseog Ryu                   mailto:r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Senior Network Engineer/Applications Engineering
Norlight Telecommunications, Inc.
Living in Earth, and dreaming in the moon world.