[nsp] Channelized DS3

Matt Stockdale mstockda at logicworks.net
Mon Aug 4 15:23:28 EDT 2003

We have a couple of 7206's (non-vxr), w/ npe150's, each using 2 cards..
one a "Channelized DS3" (part ??), which is a wide card, and
"multi-channel ds3" (PA-MC-T3), which is a single slot card.

In our case, the telco (verizon) has equipment in our datacenter, and
just hands us 2 coax cables per CT3.. these 7200's are probably among
our most reliable pieces of equipment.. good stuff.

However, for cheaper (than cisco list) you can get something like a
tasman 6300, http://www.tasmannetworks.com/productagg.html.

We use a few of those here, and while they aren't as straightforward to
configure as the ciscos, they do the job.

Matt