[nsp] policy-routing GRE tunnel packets

Michael Havsholm mhm at carlbro.dk
Wed Aug 20 18:06:42 EDT 2003

Hi Alexander !

> I've come to the conclusion that policy-routing the
> GRE encapsulated Tunnel packets is not possible.

Not true, you "just" have to apply the policy route ("ip policy route-map
blabla") on both the physical AND the tunnel interface.

It works for me in 12.2(12a) at least. I can see, that I have set the
physical interface to process switching. I can't remember if it was required
for this to work.

> Obviously, the GRE encapsulation happens at some place
> in the system where policy-routing doesn't have any
> impact.

Trying to understand the correct order of packet processing in a Cisco
router is .., challenging at least ..

Best Regards,
Michael