[nsp] AS5300 loosing memory

Jay Nakamura jnakamur at kiva.net
Wed Aug 20 12:41:23 EDT 2003

We have suddenly having issues with our as5300s.  We were running
12.2(15)T5, I noticed gradual memory leak over days but one day free memory
just dropped and most of our 5300s started crashing.  Reboot helped for
couple hours but it started using up memory again.  I switched over to
12.2(17a) but that hasn't solved the problem.

If I do "sh proc mem", it seems that "IP Input" is hogging the RAM.  If I do
"clear ip route *", the free memory will increase to normal level but it
will again keep dropping.

I am unsure as to the cause of the problem.  Any suggestions on what to look
for or what I can do?

--

-- J.S. Nakamura --                 Phone  (812)337-5070 x213
-- Kiva Networking --               Fax    (812)337-5082
                                    email  jnakamur at kiva.net