[nsp] AS5300 loosing memory

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Aug 20 18:24:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Siva Valliappan wrote:

> i know we added CEF support for dial-up stuff over the last couple of
> year.  maybe Dennis can chime in.  however, loading new code may be an issue on
> the 5200 because of flash / memory constraints  :(  it would be easier
> with the 5300/5400s.  iirc any recent release of 12.2T should support
> CEF with dial.

Without lots of upgrades, that's not going to be an option.
I tried the policy routing workaround on the virtual-template, but it
didn't seem to do anything / help.  There were no route-map hits, and the
5200 still ran out of memory.  I guess if we have to, I can just block
echo/echo reply on the virtual-template.