[nsp] 7400 IOS

Temkin, David temkin at sig.com
Wed Aug 20 19:01:13 EDT 2003

We ran into
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea81025&cco_
product=IOS&fset=&swver=12.3&keyw=PXF&target=2&train=T today on two test
7401's.  With two boxes back-to-back with 100mb between them and 100mb to
two workstations, running ttcp with PXF yielded 91Mbits, what we'd expect to
see.  With PXF on, we saw 40Mbits.

This bug appears to be in *all* versions of IOS for the 7401

For those without CCO:
Release Notes

Symptoms: Packet loss may occur on a Cisco 7401.

Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco 7401 that is running Cisco
12.2 B and that has Parallel Express Forwarding (PXF) enabled.

Workaround: Disable PXF.