[nsp] moving vpn client config from 2600 to 3600

Jeff Garvas jeff at lek.net
Mon Dec 8 13:49:05 EST 2003

In the process of replacing a 2600 with a 3600 I've found IOS keeps choking
on the following line and all of it's sub commands for the pool of addresses
and acl:

crypto isakmp client configuration group 3000client

I found this on CCO as a suggestion for a 3600 configuration as a way of
accepting clients from any IP, but I can't figureout how to define a group
for the client software.

crypto isakmp key <key> address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

I'm not sure if this is a mismatch of IOS feature packs or some kind of
platform/IOS difference between the 2600 and 3600.  HAve anyone ever run
into this?

What is the proper way to define a group and use the 3000 client to use a
pre-shared key and authenticate users out of the router config?

-Jeff