[nsp] HSRP problem

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Wed Dec 10 15:56:58 EST 2003

Ed Ravin wrote:

>Are "shared hsrp address" and "primary ip address x.x.x.x" in the same
>subnet?

No - seperate subnets.

>If not, have you configured routing for the shared HSRP address?

Ahh - changing the hsrp address to one within the subnet fixed things.

>The last time I tried stuff like this, it didn't work unless I used an
>HSRP address that was in the same subnet as one of the primary or secondary
>addresses on the interface.  What does:
>
>  show ip route <shared HSRP address>

Yes it was pointed to Null 0 - on both active and standby routers- which
was fairly strange...

>show?

That is a limitation... when HSRP address have to be in the same subnet..  Now I'm aware of that things will move along quickly!

Thanks!

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                                815-968-3888