[nsp] Solved: Cat 2950/12.1(19)EA1: Crashed

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Tue Dec 16 04:46:41 EST 2003

On November the 15th, I asked if anyone has seen their Cat2950s
crashing[1]. It seems that nobody had. Luckily, Cisco was helpful and
opened a TAC case even though I had no support contract.

Now, TAC has found a bug that caused the crash. The bug ID is
CSCed00498.

According to the bug description all the SW versions released for 2950
are affected. Either this is an error or the bug causes trouble only
when a switch runs 12.1(19)EA1. I've now been running 12.1(14)AZ on
our 2950s and there has been no trouble so far.

[1] https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2003-November/006866.html

Cheers,

--
- Matti -