[nsp] [VoIP] 79x0 IP-Telephone Encryption

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Wed Feb 26 16:00:40 EST 2003

Hello,
	I hope I'm not too OT w/ this question but I did not find any
other appropriate place to ask.

I'm looking for information whether there'd be a chance to add
encryption to the 7900 line of IP phones.

Phones in question are both 7940 and 7960. In most cases desktop PCs
are attached to the built hub^wswitch. SIP is not used.

Of interested would be a solution that could encrypt conversations,
at least the UDP data traffic, on demand between two stations. The
optimal solution would be similar to let's say IPsec between two
computers.

Are there any solutions/vendors/add-ons? I did not find any pointers
at cisco's website nor in the net/

						Thanks in advance.

	- paul