[nsp] 12.2 image for 7200s

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jul 18 17:23:21 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 02:01:16PM -0400, Clayton Zekelman wrote:

> I'm currently running 12.2(2)T1 on an NPE-300 and an NPE-150
> (c7200-is-mz.122-2.T1.bin).
>
> I tried to download the most recent release in that train to eliminate my
> exposure to the IPv4 bug that would still fit in my 16M flash cards.
> Although 12.2(15)T5 says it will fit, it is exactly 996 bytes too large for
> a 16M flash card.  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Current considerations include using tftp to boot until my 64M FlashDisk
> cards come in, at which time I'm considering a 12.3 release.
>
> I know on the NPE-150, I'm going to run into problems.  I upgraded the
> bootflash to c7200-boot-mz.120.27.bin in the hopes that its recent enough
> to read a FlashDisk filesystem.  Anyone have any experience with this?

	This works fine.

	I used ATA disk in npe-150 without problems as long as the
bootflash: images supports it.

	Same goes for the RSP4 as well.  As long as your bootflash:
image supports the ATA disk, you can boot off of it.  You can not
however access it via rommon, which means make sure your bootflash:
image works.  otherwise you can end up with a very dead router.

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net