[nsp] Nat problems

James hampton jamhampton at toast.net
Fri Jul 25 09:31:35 EDT 2003

I am using pppoe and Easy IP for our dsl customers, I keep having strange Nat issues. At non-specific intervals, certain routers (827's) will stop passing traffic, there line is still up, I can telenet into the router. A ping from a end user PC shows the first ping resolve and all others fail. What seems to solve this (temporarly) is when I put ip nat outside on the physical ATM int. and/or the ATM sub int. IP nat is already on the Dialer interface. This will work for a while then the problem will occur again, I remove the commands I added previously and it wll work again?? Im using c820-y6-mz.121-5.YC2.

James
interface Ethernet0

ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

ip adjust-mss 1452

ip nat inside

hold-queue 32 in

!

interface ATM0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

pvc 0/16 ilmi

!when the problem occurs I add "ip nat outside" here. The fix is temp. when problem arises again I remove "ip nat outside" and the problem goes away.

bundle-enable

dsl operating-mode auto

hold-queue 224 in

!

interface ATM0.1 point-to-point

pvc 0/35

protocol pppoe

pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

!

!

interface Dialer1

ip address negotiated

ip mtu 1492

! "ip nat outside" here I shouldnt have to put it any were else.

ip nat outside

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

ppp authentication pap chap callin

ppp chap hostname warner-gw at toledolink.com

ppp chap password 7 141A1D050701333C362D3D362A

ppp pap sent-username warner-gw at toledolink.com password 7 1308181C00091D3D392126303D