[nsp] PPPoE authentication CISCO 3600 + RADIUS server.

Rafa Marín López rafa at dif.um.es
Thu Mar 6 11:11:18 EST 2003

Hello all.

I have built a test that consists of :

FreeBSD 4.7 <-----------> CISCO 3600 <---------->FreeRadius.
                          pppoe
                            ( ipv6cp)

My problem is FreeRadius authenticates to client (FreeBSD) and it says
OK but CISCO 3600 do not establish connection with FreeBSD 4.7 because
of  authentication failure :( . But I don't understand because
FreeRADIUS send and Access-Accept to the router.

My CISCO configuration  is :

aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login default none
aaa authentication ppp default group radius
aaa authorization network default group radius
aaa session-id common

interface Virtual-Template1
 no ip address
 ipv6 enable
 ipv6 mtu 1480
 no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
ppp authentication chap //IF THIS LINE IS DELETED AUTHENTICATION
INFORMATION IS NOT SENT TO RADIUS SERVER :(
!

Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968364644	e-mail: rafa at dif.um.es