[nsp] Cat 6509 to 2621 load balancing

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Thu Mar 6 09:45:24 EST 2003

We just upgraded your Cat6509 from hybred to Native.  I have a outlining
site that has two t1's and I was per packet load balancing it.  After
the upgrade it's not doing it.  here is the config from both.  Please
note that the 6509 is a channelized DS3.  (do I just need to reboot the
catalyst??  I don't think it as been rebooted since we pasted in the
config)

interface Serial4/1/0/18:0
 bandwidth 1544
 ip address 172.20.1.69 255.255.255.252
 no ip unreachables
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 no ip route-cache
!
interface Serial4/1/0/21:0
 bandwidth 1544
 ip address 172.20.1.81 255.255.255.252
 no ip unreachables
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 no ip route-cache

interface Serial0/0
 bandwidth 1544
 ip address 172.20.1.70 255.255.255.252
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
!
interface Serial0/1
 bandwidth 1544
 ip address 172.20.1.82 255.255.255.252
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache

and on the catalyst it says I can't disable CEF on the interface.

Any help would be great.

Scott Voll

Network Analyst, CCNA

Willamette ESD

scott.voll at wesd.org <mailto:scott.voll at wesd.org>

Confidential

This E-Mail and any attachments transmitted with it are property of
Willamette ESD and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this E-Mail is
addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify me at scott.voll at wesd.org  and delete this E-Mail and any
attachments.  Any other use, retention, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.