[nsp] AS info in traceroutes

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Thu Mar 6 17:11:16 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 12:38:25PM -0800, Jim Devane wrote:
> I am looking into how a Cisco router is able to provide AS
> resolution in a traceroute.
> I am trying to write a traceroute program and would like to
> include that info in my own traces.

Check out NANOG Traceroute, also known as "TraceSRoute" at:

  ftp://ftp.login.com/pub/software/traceroute/beta/

It uses WHOIS information to find the AS numbers.

Those of you who use this program and haven't updated
it lately should do so immediately, there are a couple of
security advisories out on the older versions :-).