[nsp] atm map-list command

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Sat Mar 29 04:19:40 EST 2003

Hi,

While I've not been able to track it down in the 12.2 config/command
references (had to resort to outside sources), I'm wondering if my idea of
what this does is correct.

In the following example, there are a group of adsl customers coming in
one per pvc on an atm subinterface.  They all have manually-assigned
static IPs, and the subinterface has a "map-list foo" statement on it,
with map list "foo" looking like:

ip 192.168.0.2 atm-vc 102 broadcast
ip 192.168.0.3 atm-vc 103 broadcast
etc.

This implies that I'm "locking" an IP to a particular PVC, but absent the
docs (which oddly only list this as a frame relay command for 12.2), I'm
not positive this is actually doing anything.

Can anyone clarify this issue?

We will, as time permits, be moving all adsl customers to RBE, and I
assume that at that point this will all be moot.

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman