[nsp] Bandwidth Cap Question

Volodymyr Yakovenko vovik at dumpty.org
Sun Mar 30 01:05:30 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:45:17PM +0100, Sergio Ramos wrote:
>Hi!
>
>We do interVLAN routing and ISL trunking using a layer2 Catalyst 2924XL and
>a dual fastethernet Cisco 2651 router providing rated ethernet connectivity
>to 20 customers.
[..skipped..]
>Does anybody use the Catalyst 2948G-L3 successfully in this scenario?

It's tricky to get such a functionality on 2948G-L3. It does not support
traffic-shaping on vlan subinterfaces. It is possible to configure
GTS on physical interfaces with strange messages like:

kv-mo-l3s1(config-if)#traffic-shape rate 10000000
Changing all linecard binary images to support Port QOS.

and it does not seem to be working.

IOS (tm) L3 Switch/Router Software (CAT2948G-IN-M), Version 12.0(25)W5(26.19)  INTERIM TEST SOFTWARE

>Best regards,
>
>Sergio Ramos
>GibNet Ltd

Regards,