[nsp] VLAN settings on 2950s/2610s

Jack.W.Parks at alltel.com Jack.W.Parks at alltel.com
Sun May 11 21:28:10 EDT 2003

The native VLAN is untagged.  Either place your VLAN1 configs on the
physical interface or change the native VLAN on the switch to something
different.

EXAMPLE 1(change router): Placing your VLAN 1 (or any untagged VLAN)
configuration under the physical interface.

interface FastEthernet0/0
 description VLAN 1
 ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
 speed 100
 full-duplex
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.10
 description VLAN 10
 encapsulation dot1Q 10
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

EXAMPLE 2(change switch):  Changing the native VLAN to something
different than VLAN1 - VLAN1 will now be tagged and you can place it
under a subinterface (like you are trying to do).

interface FastEthernet0/9
 description 2950 Switch w/ new native VLAN
 switchport trunk native vlan 900
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address

Jack W. Parks IV