[nsp] 12.2(14)S and interface counters

Oleksandr Pantus alx at vsmu.vinnica.ua
Fri May 23 13:14:55 EDT 2003

Hello !

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Gert Doering wrote:
> I just had one of the onboard GEs on the NPE-G1 stop counting packets -
> same behaviour as 12.0(21)S before (21)S5 - it just stops, SNMP counters
> continue normally, and after a "clear counters", everything is back.

Similiar problem presents at 7500 running 12.2(14)S1. On dCEF-enabled
interface (with DTS for PHB QoS) counter for _outgoing_ packets stops
after short period of activity. Output rate meter stops too.  And it seems
that everything is OK with incoming traffic counter. SNMP counters work
well for both directions. In my case, 'clear counter' command does not
help. And I think this 'cosmetic' problem has strong relation with the
another strange behaviour of DTS - unability to assign/reassign map-class
with shape to PVC/sub-if on interface running DTS. Router just says that
"configuring this shape rate would affect bandwidth guarantee in
this/other pvcs" and does not apply policy to sub-if. This problem starts
right after the interface counters get stuck.

Bug, or ..?

--
S/Y,
Alexander, MD, 			nic-hdl: AJP1-UANIC