[nsp] 6500 vs 7600?

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Nov 5 13:50:43 EST 2003

> Hard to convince carriers to take an enterprise box (the CATALYST 6500)
> seriously, so if you rename it to a CISCO 7600 that makes it all better,
> right???

I work for a carrier, and we definitely take the 6500/7600 seriously.
We're deploying 3 new 7600s as I am writing this - two of them were
purchased as 6509-NEBS (with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2) and we're simply adding
OSMs.

> But we had better be careful, Ian Cox is on this list and the 7600 is kinda
> his baby... you know how these Australians can be

I don't presume to speak for Ian Cox, but I feel reasonably certain
that he's well aware of what we're discussing here :-)

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no