[nsp] Hardware WCCP on 6500

Antoine Versini vox at t-online.fr
Thu Sep 18 21:32:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Lincoln Dale wrote:

> thus, in summary: if your cache can do "Hash Mask" + "L2 Rewrite" then it
> can scale as high as you wish.
> if your caching vendor doesn't support this, ask them why they have an
> incomplete implementation of WCCP.
> the specification is open, so there is no reason why they cannot support
> that mode.

Lincoln,

thank you for your answer. I had a similar answer from my Cisco
representative for SUP2/PCF2.

I also had confirmation that the SUP720 is not WCCP capable at all. I
found this rather strange as the "ip wccp xxxx"  commands are available in
the MSFC3 IOS, but I'm told they are indeed inneffective.

Regards,
vox

--
Antoine Versini     «Tu vois, ça ne coûte pas plus cher de bien manger.»
IP Networks Project Manager / T-Online France - Club-Internet