[nsp] Hardware WCCP on 6500

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Fri Sep 19 10:29:13 EDT 2003

At 04:32 AM 19/09/2003, Antoine Versini wrote:
>I also had confirmation that the SUP720 is not WCCP capable at all. I
>found this rather strange as the "ip wccp xxxx"  commands are available in
>the MSFC3 IOS, but I'm told they are indeed inneffective.

[ i'll preface this with the same opening sentence as last time; its been a
while since i was involved with WCCP - but i still believe this information
to be accurate & correct ]

the hardware is certainly capable.
if WCCP is non-existent on the Sup720/MSFC3, then i suspect that its
something lacking in the transition from 12.1EX to IOS 12.2SX.

i will check with the people responsible and get back to you.

cheers,

lincoln.