[nsp] Hardware WCCP on 6500

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Fri Sep 19 15:25:59 EDT 2003

Hi Clinton,

At 02:00 PM 19/09/2003, Clinton Work wrote:
>Our Cisco SEs told us that WCCP would be supported on the Sup720, but it
>wouldn't be any better than the Sup2. Its possible that the current 12.2S
>code doesn't support it yet.

its hard to get any better than "runs at wire-rate with no impact on switch
performance".
:-)

i sent a private email to Antoine, but given its probably of interest to a
few folk --

WCCP isn't currently supported on the Sup720/MSFC3 with the 12.2(14)SX2
software release (the release-notes at
<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm#25624>
indicate this).

the good news is that it is currently targeted at being supported in the
Sup720/MSFC3 with the 12.2(17a)SX2 software release.

cheers,

lincoln.