[c-nsp] RSPAN

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Aug 4 15:55:30 EDT 2004

Roger--

No.  all traffic goes down the one trunk.

I just got RSPAN working with IPCC (ICD Supervisor).  The reflector port
is basically a lost port.  You can not plug anything into it.  The
traffic still goes over your trunk.

This is my config 3550 (span port)to 6509 (receiving port)

3550

monitor session 1 source vlan 102 rx
monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 202 reflector-port Fa0/24
(reflector port; unusable)

6509

monitor session 1 destination interface Fa3/44 (ipcc server)
monitor session 1 source remote vlan 202
monitor session 2 source vlan 102 rx
monitor session 2 destination remote vlan 202

Vlan 102 is my voice vlan.  I'm getting all receive traffic off vlan
102.
Vlan 202 is my RSPAN vlan.  It is just receiving all RSPAN Traffic

Both vlans have to be configured on both switches.

My Voice GW, and IPCC server connects to the 6509 so I needed to do the
session 2 on the 6509.  Since I get all the receive traffic, the server
can put both sides of the voice call together.

Hope this helps.

Scott