[c-nsp] NetFlow

Jean-Christophe Varaillon jcvaraillon at dolnet.gr
Fri Aug 6 12:31:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

I need information about exchanged flows between servers of a same
subnet, same VLAN.

Those servers are directly connected to a Cisco 6509,
where that VLAN exist on its L2 database (show vlan).

A corresponding L3 vlan interface exist as well on that 6509 with an IP
belonging to the server subnet.

I don't think that adding the command "ip route-cache flow" on the
"interface vlan 2" on the 6509
would give me what I need (flows established between those servers
only).

I think that adding this command would give flow information about what
flowing from the VLAN 2
to any and from any to VLAN2, but not from VLAN2 to VLAN2. Is this
correct ?

If so, is there any other Cisco tool that could provide such statistics?

To extend this, do you know any draw-back setting-up flows switching on
each interface (vlan and routed interfaces)
of a 6509 ?

Any suggestion and/or comments are welcome.

Thank you.

Christophe