[c-nsp] Cisco VLAN configuration - total newbie

Patrick Bohannon pbohanno at kiva.net
Wed Aug 11 19:30:32 EDT 2004

Nate,

I suspect that you need to designate your Fa0/23 port as trunking:

int fa0/23
switchport mode trunk

.. So that it will tag your VLAN traffic to the router for you.

Given what you've described, I'm not sure that you'll need to do anything
like restricting what VLANs are allowed over that trunk, so unless I too am
missing something, I think this will do for you.

Best,

Patrick