[c-nsp] Need to split a port group over 2 switches

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 19:01:26 EST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:26:08 -0500 (EST), Tuc <tuc at ttsg.com> wrote:
>         They are 4 ports to a single NetApp Filer. We then have the servers
> elsewhere on the switch.
>
>         I've become concerned that the switch is a single point of failure.
> I now want to try to distribute it over 2 switches.

The best approach would be to two channel groups (one per switch) and
then the Netapp's single vif's. Right now you have a single multi-mode
vif of 4 interfaces, instead change this two two multi-mode vifs of 2
each and then create a single-mode vif for failover from that.
However, toasters at mathworks.com is the best place for this....