[c-nsp] FR and QoS

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Dec 9 08:37:50 EST 2004

The proper way to do it is like this:

a) Do you need fragmentation based on the
   speed of the PVC?  If not, then define
   a hiearchical policy (parent to shape and
   child to do the queueing) and attach it to
   the PVC.

b) If you need fragmentation you attach a
   map-class to the PVC and then attach
   a similar policy as in (a) under the
   map-class.  They only reason you have to
   add the map-class is to configure the fragment
   size and nothing else.

I wish we would make it so you could just configure
the fragment size under the policy for the shaping
to elminate the extra step for (b).

I'm going to ask why we don't have a more clear
document on CCO for this exact example.

Rodney