[c-nsp] Re: VPN Solutions

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 09:41:05 EST 2004

Thanks all for the invaluable feedback and
suggestions.

I was thinking of either the Cisco PIX/IOS & Netscreen
as these boxes are already in place at my office site
doing just firewalling. So being able to recycle them
would lead to cost savings.

But one thing I'm not sure is the VPN client licensing
as for example the PIX 515e that we had comes with
3DES/AES licensed. But no mentioned about whether we
need to purchase additional client software or it's
"free". The same applies to our Netscreen-50.

I was testing out the PIX earlier and VPN works fine.
However, does anyone know how I can see who are the
loggined users at anyone time? The docs do not appear
to mention about it.

TIA!

--- Olav Langeland <olav.langeland at active24.com>