[c-nsp] 6500/7600 ip cef load-sharing

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Dec 16 17:38:05 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 05:36:29PM +0200, Volodymyr Yakovenko wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 09:58:04AM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> >That only applies to software switched packets by the MSFC
> >and hopefully you are not doing that.
> >
> >You can't do PPLB in hardware.
>
> Is there any way to force SUP720 to perform particular interface processing
> by the MSFC?

Not that I know of easily.  You could apply a feature no done
in hardware that would causes packets coming in on that interface
to be punted to the MSFC but that really isn't ever recommended
for scalability reasons.

> >I know some combinations of the sup you can consider the
> >L4 port information when splitting up the flows so you
> >may want to consider that which is done in hardware.
>
> Could you possibly provide me with some examples (I am using SUP720)?

Router(config)#do sh ver | incl IOS
IOS (tm) MSFC3 Software (C6MSFC3-JK9SV-M), Version 12.2(17d)SXB5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Router(config)#mls ip cef load-sharing ?
  full  load balancing algorithm to include L4 ports