[c-nsp] equivalent to 7206VXR/NPE300

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Fri Dec 17 09:05:13 EST 2004

I'm thinking of selling my 7206VXR/NPE300 (with 256MB RAM, PA-MC-2T,
PA-FE-TX, redundant power supply, C7200-I/O-FE) because it's way more than I
need. We used to use it to support (2) full BGP feeds from our upstream
providers (and it was overkill for that), but now it's just biding its time
as a backup router while another router does all the work.

The concern I have is that if I ever need a heavy-duty router like this
again, it's going to cost me more than what I'm going to get from selling
the 7206VXR (about $4000).

If it turns out that the day after I sell the 7206VXR, I need to buy a
replacement, what model would you suggest? (I want to get a feeling for what
I might need to spend). Do you think the new 3800 series fills the niche the
7206VXR's used to fill?

Thanks for your advice.
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]