[nsp] OSPF x firewall

Mussie mussieg at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 10:45:16 EST 2004

I believe Jim has suggested this before.  If you wish to interconnect two
routers via OSPF across the firewall the best option might be to create
tunnel interface and use GRE or IPnIP as an encapsulation.  The only thing
you need on the firewall is to allow Protocol 47 [GRE] or protocol-4
[IP-in-IP] from the respective router interfaces (which ever one is source
interface for your tunnel).

Regards,
Mussie