[nsp] 12.2 - input queue stuck?

Jens S Andersen jsa at aua.auc.dk
Wed Jan 28 09:41:54 EST 2004

I've experienced the same on a cisco2691 running ios 12.3(1a)

It stops receiving packets, including cdp adjacency. show controller fax/y
shows packets dropped.

It always happens when there is an overload condition on the customer network,
usually caused by infected PC's.

Clearing the cause of the overload followed by a shut/no shut on the interface
gets the interface going again.

(until the the next time...)

-Jens S Andersen