[nsp] Cisco 7200 Lockup

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Jul 11 13:58:26 EDT 2004

--On Sunday, July 11, 2004 09:08 -0700 Adam Debus <adam-lists at reachone.com>
wrote:

<snip>
>     My question, however, is this: Does this look to be more of a hardware
> failure, or am I on the right track upgrading the IOS? (Unfortunately, due
> to a signifigant amount of politics beyond my control, this router is not
> covered under smartnet at this time :( )

Probably an IOS bug, there are a few out there known to do hard locks right
now.  Not sure of the specifics for that platform and all, but the mere
existence of an 'a' release indicates that it's one of the ones with a
serious in the wild bug and exploit.

Well then you can officially call whomever won't pay for the support total
idiots and make sure they know they're losing busines because of it.