[c-nsp] need help - issue with terminal/console

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 15:14:56 EDT 2004

Chris Hale wrote:

>All -
>

>We attempted to upload a config from one router to another via the flash
>card.  This worked successfully with the IOS, but once we did it with the
>running-config, we apparently screwed up the console.  Now all we get is
>jibberish ascii characters on the console or terminal.

Sounds like you had "line con 0; speed XXXX" configured on the source
router.

Check what console speed is confiugred on the source router and
configure the same speed on the target router. (Or just go through all
the possible combinations, there aren't that many)

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time