[nsp] Low Priced SNMP Manager?

jsohua sahala jejs at sahala.org
Wed Jun 2 12:24:19 EDT 2004

On (02/06/04 08:57), Oliver Rebollido wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a low priced SNMP manager?  Our budget does not
> allow us to purchase CiscoWorks or HP OpenView so we're looking for
> something that will do the basics like email alerts if a router or
> switch goes down.  We're a midsize company and our main goal is to be
> alerted when a Cisco device goes down and to look at the status of each
> device periodically during the day.  Our budget is around $1000 US.  We
> would prefer something on the Windows OS, but we're open to something
> that is Linux based.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Oliver

for opensource look at jffnms and/or nmis
http://www.jffnms.org
http://www.sins.com.au/nmis/
these both run well on various flavors of unix and linux

for windows, you could try what's up gold...for about $1000 you get
point and click administration of an snmp capable system.  a friend of
mine likes it for a quick and easy nms, i don't, ymmv

/joshua

fools.
	- Douglas Adams -