[nsp] Low Priced SNMP Manager?

Lajber Zoltan lajbi at lajli.gau.hu
Wed Jun 2 12:25:19 EDT 2004

 nagios (www.nagios.org)
> alerted when a Cisco device goes down and to look at the status of each
> device periodically during the day.  Our budget is around $1000 US.  We
> would prefer something on the Windows OS, but we're open to something
> that is Linux based.

There are several tools for this: nagios, mrtg, cricket, jffnms, netdisco.
I think you can hire a man to put it togheter on Linux for 1000$.

Bye.
 LAJBER Zoltan               Szent Istvan Egyetem,  Informatika Hivatal
      engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs.