[nsp] Cat4006, Layer 3 Module (WS-X4232-L3) and Sup4

Tony Mucker Tony at tonymucker.com
Tue Jun 15 15:41:00 EDT 2004

I've got a Cat4006, with a Supervisor2 module and the Layer 3 Module
(WS-X4232-L3).
Trying to get the boss to sign off on picking up a Supervisor4 module,
so that we can do more with it (traffic shaping being first on the list).
What I'm wondering is that if I do get a Sup4, can it reside in the same
chassis as the Layer 3 Services Module?  I'd like to keep that in there
for the two GBIC and 32 10/100 ports.  Anyone ever try this before?

Thanks
Tony