[nsp] Lotus replication ??mtu problem

khiz khiznms at rediffmail.com
Sun Jun 20 12:13:26 EDT 2004

  Hi
sh mpls interface details shows an mtu size which is much higher than 1500 i.e 4602 bytes on either end.

 the actual scenario is

site A -----  PE1--- mPLS cloud ----- PE2 --- site B

                                         |----Site C
SIte A can replicate withe site c but not with site B
the serial encapsulation between PE2 and site B is hdlc while between PE2 and SIte c is PPP. However both hv mtu size of 1500

The switches on both LANs of site B and SIte c are the same...

Knms