[nsp] L2TP VPDN user login troubles

Sam Silvester sam at e-access.com.au
Thu Mar 25 19:15:33 EST 2004

Hi everybody!

I'm wondering if anybody can suggest where the problem might be with one
of my L2TP VPDN users. I'm using a 7507 to act as an LNS, and I have a
user that appears to have a session that is "stuck" somehow. Usually,
there would be a Virtual-Access interface allocated in the show vpdn
output, but instead this user is stuck in the SS Circuit state for some
reason. Here is the output from sho vpdn:

lns1>sho vpdn | include testuser
27081 41922 40335 SSS Circuit   testuser at dsl.e-acce wt-sss 2w0d     399
lns1>

As you can see, the session has been up for 2w0d, yet the customer's CPE
has been reloaded numerous times as well as the telco supposedly
"rebuilding" the ADSL line.

If anybody can suggest what this problem might be and/or where the
source may lie I'd be most interested!

Cheers,

Sam Silvester