Antwort: Re: [nsp] Large Number of small packets --> timeout over frame relay, IGX, ATM

Hans-Peter Walter HAWA Hans-Peter.Walter at de.tds-global.com
Tue Mar 30 19:22:37 EST 2004

Hi Scott, hi Mike, hi Everyone,
I forgot an opportunity: We have a PRI (30 channel ISDN in Germany) Backup,
so I'll go and route the application over that link and see what will
happen.
Thanks for all the advices, I really appreciate this newsgroup, because I
more focused on L3 and higher (Routers and PIX's).

Greetings from Germany (2:20am)
H.P.

P.S.: Scott, do you live on Maui? I studied some months at the UH in
Honolulu....;-))

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Scott Weeks           |
|         |           <surfer at mauigateway.co|
|         |           m>                    |
|         |           Gesendet von:         |
|         |           cisco-nsp-bounces at puck|
|         |           .nether.net           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           31.03.2004 00:58      |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       An:       cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net                                                                    |
  |       Kopie:                                                                                                 |
  |       Thema:    Re: [nsp] Large Number of small packets --> timeout over frame relay,   IGX, ATM             |

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Michael Axelrod wrote:

: I remember similar problems with small packets over UFM-UFM connections.
: Scott, do you recall that?

Hi Mike and Everyone,

I remember a lot of "funny" things like this on the IGX's.  It was a lot
of fun figuring it all out.  I miss the old days! :-)

: I would start with looking at the firmware versions on your UFM cards and
: trunk cards and getting that up to date.

Take Mike's advice and definitely do this!  The main thing is get someone
experienced if you're new to it and need it fixed fast.  There is a LOT to
learn and you can do damage easily.  For ATM see "ATM Theory and
Applications" by McDysan and Spohn.  I don't have a good book suggestion
for FR.  I learned it all from hands-on and cisco.com, but I don't know
if they still have the wealth of "Technology Basics" info like they used
to have.

scott

: Good luck,
: Mike Axelrod