[nsp] Catalyst 6500 Hybrid

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Sun May 2 10:45:56 EDT 2004

> 	Do you have a URL that mentions this?  I've been looking for 20
> minutes and haven't found anything on CCO.  Didn't find anything that
> first off mentions that uRPF doubles the TCAM usage, much less anything
> that says the 720 no longer behaves like this.  Must be pretty well
> hidden.

The difference between Sup720 and Sup720-3BXL with respect to number of
TCAM entries for routes is documented at

	http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2004/6500_Sup_Eng_720_DS_v3.pdf

(it simply says 256K routes vs. 1 million IPv4 routes)

The fact that uRPF doubles the TCAM usage (or halves available number
of entries) on Sup2/PFC2 but *not* on the Sup720 (or Sup720-3BXL) has
been discussed multiple times on this list - but I haven't found it
mentioned on the Cisco web site.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no