[nsp] anyone ever lost all their T-1 WICs at once?

Chris Hale chris at peaknetworks.com
Sat May 22 22:22:42 EDT 2004

All -

We had a very strange event on Friday - we lost every T-1 coming into our
3640 T-1 WICs.  They all show down, line protocol up.  I made a loopback
plug and tested every port (5 of them), and they all indicated they see the
loop.

I had an extra ADC CSU/DSU, and plugged every T-1 into this, with all coming
up fine.  I connected the CSU/DSU into an old 2500 we had, and the T-1s came
up fine.

Anyone ever had this happen before?  It's obviously an issue with the T-1
WICs, but why did we lose all 5??  Is there an issue with only the WICs
(i.e. I get 5 new ones and we'll be good), or do I need new network modules,
or even a new 3640?

How do I prevent this from happening again?

Puzzled,

Chris

Chris Hale

Peak Networks, Inc.

http://www.peaknetworks.com

800-PEAK-987

chris at peaknetworks.com

Motorola ACSP, Alvarion AIR, Certified Orthogon, Redline, Cisco, Terabeam
Partners.