[nsp] anyone ever lost all their T-1 WICs at once?

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat May 22 22:31:44 EDT 2004

At 10:22 PM 5/22/2004, you wrote:
>Anyone ever had this happen before?  It's obviously an issue with the T-1
>WICs, but why did we lose all 5??  Is there an issue with only the WICs
>(i.e. I get 5 new ones and we'll be good), or do I need new network modules,
>or even a new 3640?
>
>How do I prevent this from happening again?

Dumb question, but did you try to power cycle the router to see if that
clears the errors? It sounds more like a software bug or maybe hardware
power supply failure than a one in a trillion failure event. Does the
router's error log say anything about the WICs?

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey