[nsp] Ethernet Errors - 6509

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Mon May 31 08:57:36 EDT 2004

Thanks.. Very helpful to know that..:)

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gert Doering
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 7:14 AM
To: Wojtek Zlobicki
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [nsp] Ethernet Errors - 6509

Hi,

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 08:43:53PM -0400, Wojtek Zlobicki wrote:
> I would also recommend that you play with the auto/full on both sides.
> While the general rule states that Auto is bad, it is the only way
> that works between vendors.

Actually, "static/full" is much more likely to work than "auto".

The most important thing, hoever, is that you must NEVER set one side to
"auto" and the other to "static/full", because according to the autoneg
rules, this MUST result in a half-duplex/full-duplex mismatch.

gert

//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany
gert at greenie.muc.de