[c-nsp] VOIP QoS on frame-ATM link

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Tue Nov 23 08:31:29 EST 2004

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:

> I have a frame relay circuit that terminates in a 2621XM.  The
> other end of
> this circuit is merged into an ATM DS3 that terminates in a 7513.
>
> The customer is running voip on this circuit and needs some QoS
> parameters applied.  I have the following successfully prioritizing
> RTP on the 2621XM WAN output side but I need some recommendations on
> what to do on the ATM side.  CCO has plenty of docs for frame but not
> the reciprocal docs for the
> ATM IPVC...  Thank you very much in advance.

You want the same class-map/policy-map config, but attach the service policy
to the PVC instead of a FR class, something like:

interface atm a/b.c point-to-point
 ip address...
 pvc vpi/vci
  vbr-nrt 1024
  service-policy output voice-policy

Note that you'll need vbr or cbr configured on the PVC, you can't attach
service policies to ubr PVCs.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
                                            f: +44 20 7863 5876